The Final Curtain
For your Semester 2 final, you will be creating an original monologue based on a real historical figure who is no longer alive. You will thoroughly research the life of the person, and then pick one SIGNIFICANT moment from his or her life. You will create a monologue of no shorter than three minutes in which you communicate the importance of the event. This project has two parts:
Part 1 (30 Points)
- Make a list of THREE possible historical figures you would like to learn more about.
- Briefly research the lives of all three.
- Pick ONE person to write about.
- Create a timeline of that person's life.
- Create a detailed description of the significant event you have decided to focus on.
Part 2 (100 Points)
- Write a monologue that is no shorter than three minutes.
- Participate in a workshop in which you read your monologue to the group and receive feedback.
- Rewrite your monologue, taking in the feedback from your peers.
- Score the monologue and write in the subtext.
- Design a simple set upon which you will perform this monologue.
- Block the monologue.
- Workshop the monologue, taking in feedback from your peers.
- Choose an appropriate costume for your character.
- Perform your monologue.
You will be provided with a calendar that contains all of the important deadlines. Work is expected to be turned in on time. Five points will be deducted for every day an assignment is late.